Please note that new version 2.5.0 of WordPress File Upload plugin has just been released.
This is considered to be a significant update incorporating an extended redesign of the upload algorithm. More in detail:
- It resolves problems with Safari browser for Mac, not being able to upload files in some occasions because of a Safari bug.
- It resolves problems with Firefox not being able to upload large files because of a bug.
- It resolves problems with upload of very large files (over 200Mb) that fail sometimes.
- Parallel upload of multiple files has been significantly improved.
- Files are first checked by the server before they actually get uploaded. This way uploads of invalid files (with wrong extension, size, etc) will be cancelled before the files are actually uploaded.
- Upload progress bar operates smoother and does not get stuck on large files
- It improves security by restricting upload of php files.
- Fixed bug not showing correctly userdata fields inside email notifications when using ampersand or other special characters in userdata fields.
Users who have purchased the Professional version of the plugin can download the latest version by logging into their Iptanus account, selecting the order and downloading the new file.
For any questions, bugs or information please contact us.
The Iptanus team